Pages

Friday 16 December 2016

Join in the Party

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl is hosting a 2017 planning Linky Party!


So exciting, first of all I had a good think, quilting and blogging plans, resolutions and thoughts, hmmmmmmm!

I'm not even 1 year old yet and so much has already happened.  I couldn't even work the blog when I started, didn't know how to add buttons, join linky parties or anything.  I learned a lot those first few months, and every achievement I blogged about, then when I learned how to add pages I added a page where I liked up all the posts so other new bloggers could learn how to do it too.

I joined the 2016 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop, such fun, I met so many people just like myself and I made some wonderful friends.  I joined the 2016 Cloud9 New Block Blog Hop too, that was great fun.  I learned so much joining these Blog Hops, about blogging, planning quilting, you name it.

I have met so many people, wonderful people and have become part of a community and feel accepted.  So many of you have helped me, given advice, been my friend, and generally put up with my sense of humour.  You have been so encouraging and supportive and I would like to say thank you, to each and every one of you.

I lost my way the past few months, sometimes life takes over and all the plans hopes and dreams fall by the wayside for a while, but I don't give up easily so here goes for next year.

First the blogging, once a week is great for me, and then I don't bore you when progress is slow. I'm maybe thinking of adding another page, favourite recipes, not turning it into a cooking or baking blog by any means, but just adding the odd one, those I really like, not too complicated that give great results, and maybe you would like to share a favourite with me.

Take part in another blog hop, they are such fun.
 
Continue with the Meadow Mystery Quilt, keep up every month, quilt and bind it, finished.

I'm in two quilting bee's in 2017, Stash Bee in Hive 2, and Bee Inspired, just a group of  12 of us from the 2016 New Quilt Bloggers who started our own hive of bloggers, Bee Inspired.  There isn't much on our site yet and we are still in the planning stage, but feel free to click through and check out who we are.  Make sure you come back in January too when we start posting out tutorials and blocks.  I am quite good at keeping up with commitments, I hate to let anyone down, so I will do my monthly blocks for both Queens and post them off on time.

Work on one project at a time, finish it and put it to bed.  I have been a bit of a butterfly this year, I meant to get rid of some WIP's and did quite well initially, then I lost my way.  Ok it happened, 2017 will be different.  Finish two start one, that sound ok to you?  I should add the one I start has to be finished too before I start or finish anything else.  I'm going to start with Circles.

Learn how to work this new machine of mine, Baby (yes, I'm laughing).  She is so beautiful but to be honest a bit scary, I even have to press a button to raise the foot!  This is going to be one big learning curve.

Practice FMQ regularly, I buy the Craftsy classes, watch them, and don't practice, what good is that?

Finally I am having such a great time doing Cheryl's mystery quilt I will do another quilt along in 2017, but only one, unless everything else if up to date that is.

Well thats my list, it may be long but I do have a whole year to work on it.

I'm putting the button for the planning Party on my sidebar, you have until December 31st to link up and join in the fun.

With smiles from
Kate


29 comments:

  1. My, you have come a long way in just a year! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you a happy year 2017 and look forward to reading about your projects !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so many classes that I haven't watched either - I will start get distracted and do something else - must make time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to read this Kate: Do you really think you can quilt one thing at a time. Maybe you can. I'm for sure a butterfly but I'm o.k. with that. I'm also one for buying the classes and not completing them so I'll join you in that endeavour. It's been great getting to know you this year and I look forward to continuing the journey next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to read this Kate and see where you have come from and where you are going to! I hope to join up to Yvonne's planning party aswell but don't think I will be able to think about it until after Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I joined up with the linky party - thank you for posting.
    I too will be FMQing and slowly but surely I see improvement.
    Here's to 2017!
    Popped by from the linky party.
    http://thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kate, I'm in Hive 5 in 2017 which is my first time and I'm very excited. We have been involved in several of the same things this year. You have very doable goals for 2017 and it will be fun to see your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grat goals.I´m butterfly love jump from one project to other ,son´t know why but love change because I do not want end up boring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very ambitious, but fun, list of goals! Good luck in achieving them all. Especially the FMQ. Even though it requires a lot of practice, it sure is fun! XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you, lots of progress and goals. I want to practice my FMQ, too. When I FMQ I stick my tongue out and it goes around like my hands. lol. I'll be watching your blog, happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have had a really good year; I'm impressed! I have my Planner waiting for me to get my act together . . . and as for FMQ, my practice today wasn't much fun, but I did it. Yes, I have classes waiting too! Wendy at piecefulthoughts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kate, I agree it was good year for learning and I too enjoyed the '2016 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop' and follow on 'New Block Blog Hop' with you. I can see some similarities between me and you too - speaking of buying Craftsy classes and not practicing - ha ha. In other things like FMQ you are way ahead of my learning curve but I am looking forward to sewing some more with you =) I will be in Hive 4 of Stash Bee next year and will be sure to check out your New Quilt Bloggers Bee Group - Have you got a name yet?

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are off to a great start! I too am happy with all the new friends I have meet through the 2016 New Bloggers. This will be my first quilt bee this year, and I am looking forward to it. See you in January when I am the Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list! I am so glad to be a part of this quilt bloggers group. So many great people, and such great support. I can't wait to see how much we all grow in the next year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How awesome that you can already look back and reflect on your growth as a blogger. I hope you have a wonderful 2017 and have fun working on all those great projects. Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 2016 was a good year for quilting friends! I'm glad to have met you during the New Bloggers Hop and I am so excited about Bee Inspired! Great goals for 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have had a wonderful 2016 and I look forward to following your adventures in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are great goals. Thanks for the reminder...I have a few Craftsy classes to view.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. A great list of goals for next year. Have a very successful 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have been blogging for about 6 months and have enjoyed reading about your learning process re blogs. I too make to do lists but I have found I cannot do so with quilting because I love it so much and feel better if it is free form and flowing. It helps that I am unconstitutionally unable to work on more than one quilt at a time! Love your blog and happy first birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I look forward to seeing more of what you get up to next year, Kate! Great goals!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, I'm looking at your Blog! Great Accomplishments! I am so new. Like last week or so new! And can say I am truly excited! I hope my learning experiences are as great as yours! http://quiltlovefordomesticfelicity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. It really was an exciting year for you Kate! I'm happy to have met you. You accomplished so much to be proud of. Your goals all sound great. Good luck learning to work with your new "baby" too, LOL.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great list! You'll be able to do this, I'm sure. Can't wait to see what 2017 brings!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great list. Good luck meeting your goals in 2017 - especially not letting new projects proliferate(I find that hard too).

    ReplyDelete
  26. A most do-able list Kate! I wish you well on your journey in 2017. Watch out for squirrels; they sidetrack me on a regular basis, but I have learned from them too! Glad you feel welcome in QBL; it is truly a wonderful virtual (that crosses into real life) world. I think the recipe idea is a good one; I share good ones from time to time and people enjoy that. btw that previous post with the cake recipe I am bookmarking! I am a vegetarian, not a vegan but it looks fabulous. I have a terrific black bean brownie recipe that makes such dark moist brownies--!! People are amazed at the black beans part. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love it when new quilters/bloggers come along and have such fun. We're a great family together. Love from Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is my first visit to your blog. Congratulations!!! Great goals for 2017. I have trouble sticking with just one thing...in fact, I find it impossible. And I need to take full advantage of my Craftsy classes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Keep up the good work - free motion quilting is really fun, but takes a lot practice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and leave a comment, it helps me grow as a quilter and as a blogger. It also makes me very happy :)
I try to respond to all comments by email, but if I don't reply within a few days it may be because you are a no reply blogger

With smiles from,
Kate