Pages

Monday 13 August 2018

Goodbye..............For Now

It's been a while, again.   Unfortunately my condition I told you about on my last post has worsened, I can't sew at all and it's unlikely that I will be able to for some time.   The good news is that it is a mechanical problem so it's not life threatening or anything like that.

The bad news is I'm in quite a lot of pain, it's better than it was but that's due to several different types of pain meds which now allow me to walk a few yards and in the last week I managed to use the stairs.    Oh the bliss of sleeping in a bed instead of a sofa, and being able to take a shower instead of washing a piece at a time, I'm just thankful I have a downstairs loo with a handbasin, imagine the problems if I didn't!

Apart from not blogging I haven't been reading blogs either.  Sorry about that, it's just that with the pain meds a fog tends to descend within my brain and I can't think straight, actually I can't talk properly either as I slur my words, no not like I usually do after a glass or two of my favourite red wine I'll have you know!  I have to do what I can when I can.

The good news is I saw a consultant last week and he thinks he knows what's causing the problem although it needs to be confirmed which may take a while due to waiting lists.  Once it is I'm assuming I go on to another waiting list for spinal surgery.  That's the part I'm not looking forward to.  My doctor tells me there is still a chance it will right itself on it's own so fingers crossed.

My only regret is that I had to drop out of the Christmas in July hop, but Sarah says I can participate next year.

But I have to tell you about the wonderful girls in Bee Inspired, the quilting Bee I have the honour to be a member of.   When I told them about not being able to sew they made a list of all the remaining months and all volunteered to make angel blocks for me, and the ones who didn't manage to bag a month are in a list in case anyone has to drop out.  Now that's friendship for you.  Sorry, I can't add a link but you can find it on a lot of my old posts.

I have to go now as I feel the fog descending and I can't think straight.  I will be back sometime but I don't know when so please don't delete me from your email or Bloglovin list.

I did want to tell you something else but I can't remember, sorry.

Here are some pics of some of the things I have made I really like, only you will have to search for the post because I don't think I can find them.  The ones which are my own have a free tutorial with them, like the Christmas cushions.

I'm not sharing this post at all, it will go out only to those of you who like my posts enough to subscribe, and those of you who get them via other sources, in particular via Life After Money, with special thanks to Mean Queen aka, Ilona, who added my blog to her special list of favourites.

Until then,
With love and smiles from,
Kate x

No I haven't forgot the pics although I nearly did hehe!




















The End...........for now...............

27 comments:

  1. It won’t be for long, Kate! You’ll be back when all is well again. In the meantime, rest, restore, and reflect. I’m so glad you posted all those pictures of your beautiful creations, refreshing our memories. While I’m knee deep in scraps, there are a few I’d like to try. Keep good thoughts, stay positive, and don’t forget to email me with updates. I’ve appreciated hearing from you! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes that the situation will right itself. Rest and read. I call it R & R.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear you have a physician who is working to figure it all out for you. I will be thinking of you and sending you lots of love and healing thoughts. Take care of you, we'll be here when you are ready to return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Kate
    I am sorry I cannot read very well (I have had a stroke) my daughter reed the post.

    Love
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes Hazel. My mother has had a stroke too and I know how cruel they can be. She lost part of her eyesight and has only a tunnel through which to see.

      Hugs
      Kate

      Delete
    2. Thank you Kate. My love to your mum.

      Hazel c uk

      Delete
  5. I too wonder how long I will be able to continue to quilt developing wrist trouble and the physicality of domestic machine quilting.
    Wishing you relief from your pain ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending hugs and prayers for good medical care and hoping it all works out for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending my best wishes for a speedy recovery, Kate.
    Lovely to see your photos again!
    Be sure to rest now.
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big hugs to you from my little corner of the world, Kate! I'll miss you, but you'll not be far from my thoughts and prayers. Will look forward to hearing from you when you are feeling better! Rest and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bless you Kate - prayers! All will be well, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your health. Hope you will be well enough to return to sewing soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sending you lots of well wishes and good thoughts, Kate! I'm glad you are sleeping in a real bed and taking showers again. I'm hoping for the best outcome for you and that things will turn around very, very soon. Pain and meds can definitely cloud the brain, but we all know you're the same Kate inside all that fog! Be well, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS, I'll never delete your blog from my reading list, so you can rest assured I'll be here when you come back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sending you lots of hugs and get well wishes!! I remember your quilts, the one with the fairy that had me scratching my head because I couldn't find it. Truth is..no matter how hard I looked, I just couldn't see it.

    Remember that each day will be different--some better, some worse. Don't dwell on the present and keep hoping for the future. Life is a precious gift and one that is all too short.

    ReplyDelete
  14. God bless you, dear Kate. Every day is a step toward healing, even if you can’t see it at the moment. Thanks for sharing your Quilts again. My favorite is the book block with the little bookworm and the Russian doll. Every time I see Allison Glass fabrics I think of you. You have many dear friends who are here for you. XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. So so sorry for what you're going through! I sincerely hope the testing can lead you to a solution...bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Best wishes, and big hugs. See you here soon. Kisses from France.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry your having so many problems for way too long. I wish you all the best in healing soon. I follow on bloglovin so I'll be there waiting for your return to the sewing world and the healthy world. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hoping you don't have to wait too long for successful treatment. Look forward to receiving an email alert next time you share a blog post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope they find the cause and get you healed up and back to stitching (and blogging) very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sending gentle hugs and positive thoughts. I hope you get some relief soon and get back to your old self. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  21. my favourite of all your quilts, is the circle one. I am so sorry Kate you are still unwell. I have been thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Kate! I am so sorry to hear about your issues. I will hold you in my prayers for your pain to diminish, for wisdom for your doctors, and most of all for it to correct itself without surgery. {{Hugs}} a bunch for you. How awful - I can only imagine the fog you are under. Of course you can't sew - I would offer to help you finish those wedding quilts if I were closer. I will be checking in on you now and then. Happy Thursday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Kate: I was having my own little break from reading blogs and I missed this. I really hope that things clear up for you I can't imagine being in so much pain all the time. I miss all your posts and how wonderful of your bee mates all taking turns to make the blocks for you. I hope you don't have to wait too long for relief and that you are back to sewing as soon as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so sorry you are in a lot of pain. I do hope that you've found some relief since you wrote this post. I've been looking through your blog today. You are a really pretty lady, stylish too, and make a lot of beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am glad that you are back and have missed reading your blog. Sciatica can be brutal as my husband can contest to. If you can walk at all the only thing that helped him was walking and, if possible, in a pool to help take some of the weight off. Be well and get better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and leave a comment, it helps me grow as a quilter and as a blogger. It also makes me very happy :)
I try to respond to all comments by email, but if I don't reply within a few days it may be because you are a no reply blogger

With smiles from,
Kate