Pages

Wednesday 12 June 2019

I Need HELP!!!

This is me complaining, well, nothing new there then! What has happened to Blogger when I was away? I am having sooooo many problems and I just can't sort them out.

Firstly, I can't comment on other blogs, I couldn't even leave a comment on my own blog would you believe? Now I can leave a comment on SOME blogs, but not others. Some give me an option of Name/URL, Anonymous, or Google Account, some I just get Google Account, and even if I choose Name/URL I'm now a no reply blogger.  I have spent HOURS over the last couple of weeks trying to rectify it, I signed in and signed out, cleared all my history and cache, to no avail. I google it and get lots of older posts, but nothing current.   I have checked, double checked, and triple checked my settings and I can't see anything untoward.

Does anyone know if this is an Apple thing? It's all I can think of now.  I just don't know what else to try :-(   If anyone out there knows how to fix this PLEASE let me know, I'm at my wits end with this, it's taking over my life!

I have been doing a little sewing since my last post, well, I trimmed what seemed like a million half square triangles which were bonus ones from Chris and Sarah's wedding autograph blocks (no I haven't done any more on the quilt, they have recently had their first anniversary and they are STILL waiting (blush blush).


Anyhow, I have plans for all these HST, would you believe I have over a hundred of them? 109 to be exact, the leftover autograph blocks seemed to have disappeared you see and I had to make a few more, and so ended up with extra HSTs. I had one trimming issue so I lost one, and now I now need to make a few more so I can turn them into a decent size quilt, with some plain blocks thrown in. It's not my pattern, but when I start putting it together I will show you everything and give you the link.  The blocks are a bit of an odd size I admit, 4 1/4 inches unfinished, but the way I looked at it some were not big enough to trim to 4 1/2 and I didn't want to waste all those 1/4 inches!

I also finished the appliqué for the Coming Home quilt I showed you last time.


Oooops! As you can see I stitched the side on upside down, so out came my unpicker, after I had looked at it for a few days that is!


This is better.  Now the centre is finished I can get on with the first border.


Yes, there are twenty four of these and guess what? They are all paper pieced, and you know how I feel about paper piecing! Actually Sarah Fielke supplied very detailed instructions and demonstrated on a video how to make them, she made it look so easy even giving the sizes to cut, so all I had to do was follow her instructions.  I am so happy with these, I'm even thinking of making the vintage dresses pattern which I bought when having an overconfident 'I can do this' moment. You will have to wait until next time to find out what I will do with them though.


Sadly that's all the sewing I got done, apart from a few other bits that is, but I'm not sure if they will all match in so the jury is out on that one.

That's all for today, I'm going to do some more googling, although google eyed is how I would describe myself just now.

Until next time,
With smiles from,
Kate x


16 comments:

  1. There was a problem with commenting where people had to delete and reinsert their email to get comments delivered in their mailbox. I'm not sure if that is the same issue as being able to comment, but it might be worth a try anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be clear, I was talking about your settings on blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure someone will jump in and help you with the comment issue. If not, contact Sandra at mmm!Quilts. I think she found a way around it. So great to see you stitching and piecing and creating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Coming Home is looking wonderful, Kate! All your blocks look quite precise, a real benefit of paper piecing. I'm sorry I don't have any solutions for your Blogger issues. I thought all the hubbub about that had died down, but clearly you're still having issues :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful project.
    Sorry I can't help ,I can't post on my blog .I'll following here what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, one hour ago, I couldn’t comment. But now, I can. I’ve been having this issue since mid-winter. I’m quite sure it’s an Apple thing. Kate, your fabric choices for this quilt are too perfect. I’m sew envious! Another gorgeous day here in Cape Breton, so won’t be much sewing going on at my house. There is still so much yardwork to do to tidy up from winter. I’m so glad yesterday was rainy and cold, as I needed a sewing break! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, changing to a pop up window from Embedded has worked in that I can now comment on my own blog! More testing required.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your coming home, it's coming right along;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your coming home BOM!!!!!! My favorite part so far are the flowers in te corners, though al of it is lovely. Absolutely save that 1/4 and trim to an odd size! Interested to see what you have planned for the HSTs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There was a problem (can't remember when), but Leanne @ Devoted Quilter posted a solution on her blog. Your HSTs look great. Glad to see you've been doing some sewing. Hope all is well with you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear it wasn’t a Blogger problem, Kate, and I look forward to reading more about it in due course.
    Lots of lovely blocks! Good you spotted that slip on Coming Home before starting the next round.
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kate. I think you may be able to comment on my blog again since I took the comments out from being embedded. I hope it works. I'm so happy to be able to read your posts again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have tried to switch from no-reply and have not been successful. So my solution, if I hope for a response, is include my email addy. MelvaLovesScraps(at)NolanQualityCustoms(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello there!
    Your sewing projects are lovely! That quilt is a dream! You seem to have scraps in coordinating colors...I wonder how you'll combine them? I'm sure that project will be just as pretty! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you are having a love relationship with Grunge and not so much love with Blogger. I am glad you are back to blogging even if sewing proceeds slowly. Yeah, I not too fond of paper piecing either.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the quilt top! I got your comment on my blog just fine so hopefully things are getting better for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and leave a comment, it helps me grow as a quilter and as a blogger. It also makes me very happy :)
I try to respond to all comments by email, but if I don't reply within a few days it may be because you are a no reply blogger

With smiles from,
Kate