Pages

Monday 24 April 2017

Slab Blocks for Canadian Bee

When Lorna from Sew Fresh Quilts  set up the Sew Fresh Quilt Bee last year as part of a worldwide goal of making 1000 quilts for the  Ronald McDonald House Childrens' Charity I knew straight away It was something I wanted to participate in.  Bernie from Needle and Foot kindly sent me some of her focus fabric without which I couldn't have joined in, AND she sent it at her own expense so it didn't cost me anything.  Quilters are such generous people and Lorna and Bernie are two of the best of them.

The blocks were to be slab blocks, 12 1/2 inches unfinished and had to contain a piece of the commemoration fabric, here are my blocks all together.


I made them all from large scraps, following the directions for slab blocks taken from the book Sunday Morning Quilts, the latest ones are both yellow and orange.

As I'm in England it was always going to be a bit expensive if I sent very many, but every one counts and it was something I wanted to participate in.  So my contribution will be winging their way over to Canada later today.

If you are joining in remember the bee is running until May 17th and the deadline for sending in your blocks and unfinished tops is May 30th.  

With smiles from,
Kate

Linking up with: 





12 comments:

  1. Your blocks are beautiful and are greatly appreciated, Kate. Thank you so much for participating in the BEE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilty people are the best! Slab blocks are so fun to make and a great way to eat up scraps. I'm so happy you were able to join in Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for helping us Canadians out Kate. We appreciate it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks look great and will be sure to make someone very happy. How awesome that Bernie was able to help you out fabric wise so that you could play along too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great, Kate, and will be very much appreciated! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quilty people are indeed the best! Your blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your assorted slab blocks look so good, think I will use up some of my scraps making some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're such a generous soul, Kate. Great blocks! Congrats on finishing your sister's quilt too! So what is your next project? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great Kate! I'm sure they'll be much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blocks, Kate. A great way to use scaps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great blocks with the focus fabric added!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and leave a comment, it helps me grow as a quilter and as a blogger. It also makes me very happy :)
I try to respond to all comments by email, but if I don't reply within a few days it may be because you are a no reply blogger

With smiles from,
Kate