Pages

Wednesday 29 June 2016

Another one finished

Yes, the little Linus quilt is done.  After much deliberation I went off to the local quilt shop where I go for my monthly group to find.....................  I couldn't get any of the fabrics in my head.  Hmmmmmm, so I went on a mission to find the right fabric that would compliment the quilt, and after auditioning what seemed like half the shop, well, about 20 anyways, the unanimous decision was......


this.   Like it?   Thank you everyone for your suggestions, isn't it ironic when you agonise over something then have to take the best available.  Actually I really like it, it tones well and contrasts nicely with the plainness of the majority of the fabrics.


Here is the full view.  The pale fabric looks better in these outside pics than last week.


These are the two leftover blocks to which I managed to add  another couple of small blocks and more of the pink patterned fabric  from the scraps.  You have a good view of the quilting in this shot, yes it's still my favourite just now.


Here is the full view.  I had a big piece of fabric left over from a quilt back, I love how the scraps liven up a boring background, especially as it is a child's quilt.


And of course, the obligatory posh pic!

I had a lovely time at my group on Saturday, there were only four of us, as one of our number was travelling home from France and another other two had other stuff going on preventing them from coming, but we had a very quilty giggle and they saw Bluebell in the flesh.  As did a couple of ladies who on holiday who happened to call in.   I had to give them the full history of course, and  I'm still not sure that the look on their faces meant the were mesmerised, or they were thinking 'is this person for real?'.

Apart from finishing my little Linus Quilt which will be returned in a few days, I have made 'some' progress on my circles quilt.  Must find a name for it but it's still evolving so I'm going to wait a bit.


I now have 16 blocks sort of finished, two more and I'm halfway through.  I say sort of, before joining them, which obviously I won't until they are all done, I will trim the background underneath the appliqué to reduce the bulk.  I do have another change in mind but as they come together I'm not sure and may leave it as is.  By the way do you like the new floor?  What you can see of it anyway, you wouldn't guess it's not wood would you?  It's called Moduleo. or something like that, I can't remember the spelling.  It's textured like wood too.

So that has been  my week, quite boring really, except, I did a Global Block Swap  which finished at the beginning of this year and one of the girls from Australia, Irene, is in the UK just now.   AND she drove halfway up the country and had an overnight stay, just to come and meet me for a few hours.  THEN, she drove all the way down south again, wasn't that lovely of her?  I am so flattered she would do all that just to meet me.  Irene is on her own in the UK too, although she is staying with relatives part of the time.  I would show you a pic of us together but I forgot to ask her if it is ok and don't like adding pics without checking first.

So, you almost saw me with my newly gown, well, half grown, hair.

Until next time
With smiles from
Kate


Linking up with


27 comments:

  1. I love the binding on you Linus quilt. And the posh pic shows it off beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori, I'm glad you like it. I love doing the 'posh pics', time I found another setting though.
      Smiles
      Kate

      Delete
  2. The Linus quilt is a beauty -- the colors just pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy. Most of the colours were in the starter pack, I just added the pink and purple, but it did turn out nicely didn't it.
      Smiles
      Kate

      Delete
  3. That binding is just perfect! And the pieced back worked out so well with the leftover pieces. Great job!
    How much fun to have a quilting friend come to visit you! I bet you all had a lovely visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The strip binding is gorgeous - I haven't used stripes yet (mainly because I don't have that much striped fabric) but love how it looks. How cool you got to meet a new quilting friend from Oz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your binding and your new quilt with the circles! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like it? I love it! Well done! The binding fabric that you chose is perfect! Your circle quilt blocks are coming together very nicely. That was so sweet of Irene! You've forged a nice relationship online and she must think you are pretty special!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a happy quilt, and the binding sets it off perfectly. It will give comfort to a child somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely finish, and the striped binding is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your quilt! The binding is perfect and the quilt itself looks so happy. Great floor, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Linus quilt-very playful with all the bright colors, perfect for a child. The binding is great-I like it a lot. The stitching is something I would never have thought of, I think I will have to give it a try. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Linus quilt is gorgeous and the stripey binding is perfect. I bought a couple of stripey duvet covers just to use for binding. I would love your blue and green - buy more of it for the future :)
    Sorry for the lack of communication - I had to buy a new mouse and then it didn't work properly after 2 days so decided to buy a mouse/keyboard combo - all is well again, for now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the binding!! I just recently got on the striped binding bandwagon, and for some quilts it is just as perfect as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect binding fabric, well done! Quilty friends are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stripes seem perfect, congrats on your finish! Really liking your circles project too, & YES, your flooring looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is nothing quite like a stripe binding! Your quilt is beautiful, happy and a great finish! We all have those moments when we agonize over something that later seems so silly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Linus quilt is a stunner! I love how you have just one bold, splashy print and the rest solids, and I don't know what you had in your head but I think that striped binding is pretty near close to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The binding looks perfect on the Linus quilt.
    How exciting to meet up with a blogging friend, and lovely she drove all that way to see you.
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The binding is perfect Kate, what a lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations.It`s so beautiful.Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely finish Kate! The binding is perfect and that serpentine quilting stitch! I so want a machine that has that stitch! It's on my wish/dream list for sure. The quilt is going to bring so much joy to some kid. I love your wood look floors too. I'm getting mine installed next month but I'm going for a darker color. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Front, back and binding are all great. The agony of auditioning fabrics is real :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the binding. I have a hard time not loving striped bindings. :) A beautiful quilt for a child.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The binding is great - and I'm wildly impressed with your stripe cutting - mine always end up a bit wonky!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your finished quilt! The print with the rest of the more subtle fabrics is a real eye pleaser :) my first thought of your circle quilt was "Quarter Moon"... It will be wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and leave a comment, it helps me grow as a quilter and as a blogger. It also makes me very happy :)
I try to respond to all comments by email, but if I don't reply within a few days it may be because you are a no reply blogger

With smiles from,
Kate